xmas

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History Making


Well I watched some of the inauguartion tonight. I just keep thinking of telling Karady some day how amazing it was to watch it on TV, the first Black President. You all remember watching movies from the future, and there is always a black president. In her lifetime, there will maybe be many more, and it won't seem so rare.

Went to Bismarck today to get a social security number for LuLu. It was very busy, and there was a man, who clearly was not old enough to be collecting retiree benefits, who didn't know how to spell Bismarck. Some days are a real eye opener. Luckily I had her immunization records with, because the two other documents I guess were not enough, contrary to what we were told. Well the paperwork is in process, and soon she will be registered with the social security office, for benefits, I know I will not see in my lifetime. Oh and she didn't even cry for her flu shot she got.

Did some shopping for next winter. I love to shop Clarence. Got some good stuff. I got the cutest Minnie skirt jumper with fur on the bottom for next Christmas. I have been buying 2T, I hope I am right. I have a good start for her wardrobe. I looked at swim suits today. Almost bought one, but waiting for a sale. Got 2 cute shirts for christmas, 3 pair of cords and 5 pair of other pants. Picked up a pair of what I thought were jeans at Old Navy, and they looked pretty short when I got them home, guess they are capris. Old Navy pants are great because they have an adjustable waist, so I may be able to cinch them up good and she can wear them this summer/fall. She really isn't big around in the waist, just very long body and legs.

Met the Sannes' minus 2 for lunch at the Olive Garden again. If you don't already know Karady does not keep her socks on. She is constantly pulling them off. So after we were done, we went to get her flu shot, and I couldn't find one of her socks. It is MIA, and not to be found in the truck, so I would guess it is Olive Garden. So we had to go into the Doctor with only one sock on, then right to Target to buy a pair of socks. Note to self, put an extra pair of socks in the diaper bag. Almost lost another of the new socks in Old Navy, because she pulled one off and dropped it over the side. Do they make sock finders?? Maybe I should invent this, for those babies who don't like to keep their socks on.

Having a baby, the Walmart list gets longer every time. Bought fruit today, and some other mixed veges, and puffs for snacks. Nolan argues with me about keeping her clothes vs. selling them this spring at a rummage sale. It is true we don't have lots of room for storage, but I just can't see getting rid of them so soon. You just never know what may happen in the future. What do you think?? I have mixed feelings.

Well TTFN.

3 comments:

  1. I would wait to get rid of the clothes. It is really hard to do, they are sentimental. Plus you may want to give them to a friend or family member who may have a little girl ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. And they don't take up much room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute picture of you and Karady.

    ReplyDelete

lips


Followers

Blog Archive