xmas

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Update Sept and October

Hello all.

We have been very busy. Karady continues to say lots of words and puts like 3 to 4 together. She knows exactly what she wants, when she wants it. Phrases like "Don't like that", and "cuz", and "me" are heard every day, all day. "Karady, why did you do that?" "cuz". ANd "Karady put your shoes on", "Me?". She is so funny. She loves to be outside, and hates to come in. SHe has quite an imagination also. She serves me drinks and food in the bathroom while I am getting ready for work. She still has quite a time going to bed. I have learned to guage her moods and start later than usual.

September 15th I had a Hysterectomy. They left my ovaries and she wrapped them in something so they wouldn't get adhesions. I got out on the 17th, after 3 hours in surgery and an open procedure. I was quite a mess, and lots of pain postop. When they finally gave me a pain pump, I was very happy. I had them put me on an antibiotic so I wouldn't get an infection. 3 days out, I reacted to the steri strips, and 10 days after taking my antibiotic, I developed an allergic reaction. I was away from home, and I developed hives and the day I was to return home I woke up to huge lips. I was a little freaked out. I was so hopped up on Benedryl I barely slept all weekend. When I got home I went to the ER and they have me more Benedryl, a steriod and a Ativan shot to help me sleep. Oh what a trip. My recovery otherwise was very good. I slept a lot and read loads of books. I LOVE to read, so that was right up my alley. Karady has been very good. She saw my owee on my tummy and so she understands why I can't pick her up. She also understands that I can't chase her around either. I have had good help with my in-laws and of course my husband and the Sannes have taken Karady to play so mommy can rest. Thanks for all the flowers, cards, and visits in the hospital, and the food people brought. My parents surprised me and visited the day of surgery. That really meant a lot to me. I hear I was quite colorful when I came up from recovery. It's amazing how pain can make you go crazy.

So I returned to work on the 4th, after almost 3 weeks off. I had a light week, and then I went full bore this week. I get very tired at the end of the day if I have had a busy day. I will be so happy to have my endurance back. Everyone tells me I won't miss my uterus.

We had some awesome fires last weekend. It was so nice out. Aunt Jenenne and Cousin Deran were here for a visit. Karady really shined up to them both.

The weekend I was away scrapbooking Karady and Nolan attended Dylan's birthday at the pumpkin patch. It sounds like they had a great time. I am sorry I had to miss it. I am also sorry I missed my dad getting on the little pony, then not being able to get off! We visited the patch again to meet the BM and Karady had fun. It was a long day of my Dr's appointment with Dr. Bradley and a flu shot for Ray. Ray got to climb on the bales and she got hay in her diaper and couldn't stop itching!!

Also the end of august we had a wonderfu visit from Su YOung and Yuni from California. Su was our exchange student in 2002. WE had a great time. We took them to the zoo with charlie and Tammi and they really enjoyed themselved. Su was very upset we didn't call her when we were in San Diego. It seems she is just 2 hours from there. Next time!! she wants Tammi and I to come and visit.

Well just a short update for you !@@

No comments:

Post a Comment

lips


Followers

Blog Archive