xmas

Monday, June 1, 2009

Many firsts



We had a wonderful weekend in Duluth. It was a long ride to sit through, but the kids did well. Karady ate lots of new stuff this weekend. She had pretzels, and iced animal crackers for the first time, and attended her first dance recital, at her first time in Duluth, and her first visit to the beach, even though she slept through that in the car. She also said her first phrase. Thanks Kristin for pointing that out. We were eating supper yesterday before we left for home and Smithers was jumping up trying to get food and she said "Det Down". Kristin said, I think she said GET DOWN. SUre enough she kept repeating it. I think she picked that up from the weekend before at the Sannes'.
Meilee's dance recital was awesome. We were so glad we were able to represent the family. We would like to go again some day. We then went out for icecream and went to canal park. Meilee was still wearing her TUTU and one gentleman commented that you don't see a little girl on the beach in a TUTU very often. She is quite the DIVA. Very cute. REminds me a lot of Karady. WE then had a BBQ and had a fire. Very relaxing, but kind of cool out. The next morning we had brunch with the Walden's then started our journey home. WE got to Fargo by 4:30, at supper, then Karady and I left for home. I knew I wanted to stop at Walmart in Jamestown to get party supplies for this weekend. I didn't know that the Walmart would be so nice and suck me into browsing. If it was closer i would do all my shopping there. We got home at 10:30, and of course Karady was wired, being cooped up in the car all day. She didn't go to bed until 11:30, and was very tired this morning. I put her hair in a pony on top of her head for the first time today. She looked cute. Then back to the old grind. Short week for us though. We have a wedding Friday, so then we hit the road again.

Well TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

lips


Followers

Blog Archive