xmas

Thursday, November 12, 2009

On The Other Side

Well since my last post, we have had some sleepless nights, went thru almost a bottle of advil, and a bottle of Tylenol, and have done nothing but rest. I noticed the house has been staying picked up, since LULU has been to ill to play. The picture from the last post is nothing compared to what she looked like yesterday. Poor little thing had the rash so bad in her hair, I am sure she was miserable. WE added a benedryl regimine to all the other meds to make her more comfortable. I get up and check her at least two times in the night, and every time she if burning up and needs more meds. Her little eyelids are so swollen she just has slits for eyes. Her appetite has been good for the most part. She is very good about taking her medicine. Wednesday morning she stayed home until 9:30 with Nolan until she felt better. Otherwise she has been to daycare except for Monday. This morning she woke up on her own, was talking and had more energy. The space between medication doses has been getting bigger, so I know she is getting better. THe rash was gone from her head, but her eyelids were still very swollen. They call this illness fifth disease because when they discovered it, it was the fifth viral illness after measels, chicken pox, etc. How original. So she did skip the first four. I believe there is also a sixth disease. Her dad was ill this morning with a little gastroenteritis, so I hope he is well enough to take care of LULU, because me and 4 other buddies are off the Fargo tomorrow to scrapbook for the weekend.
It makes me feel better knowing that she is getting better. She may have to take care of her dad. HAHA>

TTFN

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

lips


Followers

Blog Archive