xmas

Monday, November 9, 2009

Skipping one thru four





Well I am home today again. NO not for Daycare, but because Lulu is sick. She was very tired looking yesterday and felt warm all day. After she got up from her evening nap she was on fire. I took her temp and it was well over 102. So I gave her Tylenol. She ate good, and was her almost normal self. She did like to cuddle more. SHe took her bath and had her dose of Tylenol before bed. NOlan checked on her at midnight when he came to bed and she was wimpering in her sleep and she was very warm again. I checked her temp and it was over 103. She also had a lot of wierd raised blotches on her legs. So we fed her more Tylenol and put her in bed with us. Nolan went to the hospital for ibuprofin because I have no idea where my sample bottle is. Lulu like to play with it in the car and I am not sure what happened to it. After 2 hours we gave her ibuprofin and put her in her bed. I set my alarm to check on her at 4 am, then I knew I would get up at 6:30. She was cool on each check. I waited until 7:30 and called ROss to let him know I wouldn't be in. By 7 when she got up she was at 100 again, so I gave her more Tylenol. I made an appointment and got in at 9 in the clinic. We thought that the rash was just a heat rash, but it continued to get worse. ALl the wierd blotches were gone though. SHe was like her normal self at the clinic in fact her temp was 98.6. Dr. O diagnosed her with fifth's desease. I figured it was something like that. SHe has no other symptoms, no runny nose or anything else. I mainly wanted her ears checked to make sure that it wasn't ear infection. NOthing we can do but treat the fever because it is viral. SHe took a nap from 10 to noon and by the time she got up again, five hours after her tylenol her temp was over 103 again. She just is miserable and pitiful.. She can go to daycare tomorrow, we will just have to dose her with Tylenol and ibuprofin. It is not contagious, and should last 3 to 5 days. After being on the couch 4 two hours whining and burning up, as I type now she is running around and playing. SHe at a good lunch. It is just so scary to have them so sick. I even contemplated taking her to Bismarck to the pediatrician, but I think she is going to be OK. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

lips


Followers

Blog Archive