xmas

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Weekend, Another milestone

WE had a very lazy weekend. It started with an awesome scrapbooking evening with awesome food, by Cassie. NOte to self, get the recipes. My mom showed up and cropped for a short time. We laughed SO much. I have such a good time with my group. We didn't stop until like 2 am, which is very typical for us. My mom had to take a nap on Saturday to catch up.

Karady was in fine form all weekend, showing her grandparents bye bye, and so big, and a little pat a cake. She babbles non stop. My mom said she is going to have to find an inside voice, becasue she is so loud. She also commented on how well she picks up her vege/fruit puffs. Today she reached another milestone, which many infants reach with pets. She was practicing her good finger pincher pick up by eating dog food this morning. I was having some wonderful weight watchers desert I made, and i looked over and there she was in the dog dish, a piece in her mouth, and one in her hand, just as proud as can be. She also gets into the magazines downstairs all the time. I call her Scooter II after my nepher Dillon who many time will scoot on his butt instead of crawling. Karady does the exact same thing, but is much slower.

We played Dominoes last night, and had a good time with my parents. It was so great to see them, and Karady is so lucky to have such a great and loving family, and friends. She wasn't even shy towards them, which she does a lot lately. She hasn't seen them since the end of December.

I have my own personal prayer chain in my head, and heart and here it is: Miradna Huber who is 8 and has leukemis, Russ Mertes and his brain cancer, Kyle Heidrich the 7 month old with a horrible genetic disease, and now Berta and her inoperable brain tumor. OH and also the infant that Cassie knows with cancer. The list grows longer, but I still pray every night for them, if you have a minute, please do so also.

WEll my baby has to be fed, and needs a nap, so TTFN.

1 comment:

  1. THanks so much for including my prayer list in yours, i will include yours with mine! :)
    The reciepes will be coming your way, i promise! And I had a BLAST on friday night, its such great therapy for me!!! :) I love it! And coming over last night was nice too! :) NOw i am intrigued by dominoes we have never played, you must teach us!

    ReplyDelete

lips


Followers

Blog Archive